Jason Mudd, APR – Public Relations Consultant
Jason Mudd, APR is principal of The AXIA Public Relations Firm, a public relations firm specializing in national public relations and media relations campaigns. AXIA earns favorable regional and national news media coverage for publicly-traded and privately-held companies. Jason is an Emmy-award-winning, accredited public relations consultant, speaker, author and entrepreneur. Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) is a mark of distinction for public relations professionals who demonstrate their commitment to the profession and to its ethical practice, and who are selected based on broad knowledge, strategic perspective, and sound professional judgment.
His current and previous clients include Fidelity National Financial (NYSE:FNF), Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE:FIS), H&R Block (NYSE:HRB), Hilton (NYSE:HLT), HP (NYSE:HPQ), Macquarie Group (ASX:MBL), Modis, MPS Group (NYSE:MPS), New York Life Insurance Company, Pizza Hut (NYSE:YUM), Ray Charles, Rayonier (NYSE:RYN), Synovus (NYSE:SNV), Tarmac (ATHEX:TITK) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ).
Jason, who began his career as a journalist, graduated from the acclaimed University of Missouri journalism school with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. After a stint as a PR consultant to what is now Arm & Hammer’s Clean Shower, Jason joined what is now WindStream Communications as its marketing director and a shareholder. Next, he produced and promoted the Emmy-winning Florida Sports Awards, the then-official statewide sports award show, awarding Jaspers to the top professional and amateur athletes. There, Jason worked with key sponsors and professional teams and tours, including General Motors and Wachovia, Florida Marlins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Heat, Miami Sol, Miami Dolphins, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and ATP Tour, LPGA Tour, NASCAR, PGA Tour and WTA Tour.
Jason develops the public relations strategy for Axia’s clients and is available to the client leadership teams for consultations, spokesperson training and crisis communications management. He also speaks to groups about public relations best practices and trends.
Jason’s recent and upcoming speaking schedule:
- “Public Relations in Sports Marketing” – Flagler College
- “Beyond the Hype: Social Media and Your Brand” – various business groups
- “Super Bowl Advertising” – South Jacksonville Rotary Club
- “The Future of PR” – Florida State College
- “Crisis Communications” – University of North Florida
- “Case Studies in PR” – University of North Florida
- “The Future of PR” -Utah State University
- Social Media expert panelist – SCORE Counselors to America’s Small Business
- PRSourceCode Webinar with CIO Insight magazine
- “The Power of PR” – Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- “Real ID and the media” American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- “Power of Public Relations for your insurance agency” – Brightway Insurance franchisee kickoff conference
- “Social Media Engagement and HIPPA” – Nassau County Chamber of Commerce healthcare council